I’ve just sold my breast pump. It’s a unimom forte. Not a popular brand but it served me well when I needed it.
It’s odd but I feel a little emo about the sale. Maybe because the breast pump played such an integral role when both boys were newborns, selling it felt like I was bidding farewell to a very important period of my life. Lots of friends asked me how this model fares compared to the other brands. I was lucky to have been gifted the spectra s2 and the medela (forgot which model) for my second birth but I still stuck to the unimom for familiarity sake. Honestly I can’t give a thorough review cos I was a lazy who didn’t like to pump milk. What I can say
- I think because spectra and unimom are both Korean brands, the design is very similar. Streamline. Simple. Pretty. Has a very warm and happy vibe which is important (to me) cos breastfeeding journey is very tough.
- Spectra has a night light function which is really useful for midnight pumps. I have a bedside light but it can be a little bright for my bravos beside me.
- Spectra can be battery operated, so no fear for black out and great for road trips! Unimom has a switch kit to make your pump a manual one. But seriously, manual pump is so tiring
- Spectra and unimom doesn’t have as much parts as medela
- All brands are hospital grade
Perhaps like what my husband said, we are just about to start a new adventure with the boys.